Current Positions Available
The following are employment listings received by the Women Investment Professionals for posting on this website. These jobs are posted for 30 days, and can be resubmitted for an additional 30 day posting, if desired. Currently, there is no charge for posting a job. You can submit a job to be posted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a Difference
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With almost $129 billion in total assets under management,
SWIB has been recognized by the investment industry for its teamwork and innovation that helps make it a premier asset manager. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and
strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization.
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 642,000 individuals – and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their
employees – SWIB’s strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB’s long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving
investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, the 9th largest public pension fund in the U.S. and 25th largest public or private pension fund in the world.
We are a mission-driven organization and the participants we serve are our mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating respectable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Join HIGHER PERFORMERS
Home to Top Talent
SWIB has long been recognized as an investment leader because of its success in maintaining the WRS and because of the highly qualified staff overseeing the retirement trust funds. SWIB’s internal team invests a majority of its assets under management. Consequently, SWIB is committed to investing in professionals that will keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. As an innovative organization, SWIB offers professional development opportunities that enable staff to grow and develop. Approximately 61 percent
of SWIB’s investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
About the Team
SWIB is seeking a Real Estate Investment Analyst for its Real Estate Investment Team. This Investment Analyst will be responsible for supporting SWIB’s private real estate investments and a dedicated team of real-estate
The Real Estate Portfolio, with a market value of close to $8 billion, seeks to achieve strong returns while managing the risk of drawdowns, and to outperform the NCREIF ODCE index over rolling five-year periods.
The portfolio includes a variety of strategies (core, value-add, opportunistic, etc.), property types (multi-family, industrial, retail, office, senior housing, hospitality, etc.), and structures (limited partnerships, separate accounts,
joint ventures, etc.).
The Real Estate Investment Analyst at the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) assists the real estate division in the analysis and management of SWIB’s Real Estate Equity portfolio. The Real Estate Analyst is responsible for the following:
PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS, PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND RISK REPORTING
- Develop and generate portfolio analysis and reports on a recurring and special-needs basis encompassing current holdings, unfunded commitments, fees, portfolio composition, risk factors, attribution analysis, investment returns, cash flow forecasting, and pipeline opportunities.
- Assist in producing presentation materials for the Annual Real Estate Strategy to the Board of Trustees and the Quarterly Activity Report to the Investment Committee.
- Monitor the portfolio’s compliance with SWIB’s Investment Guidelines.
- Coordinate the response to data and information requests from internal and external groups including operations Finance, Legal, Internal Audit, the Legislative Audit Bureau, SWIB’s Real Estate Consultant and others.
NEW INVESTMENTS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Participate in discussions with the real estate staff regarding potential investments.
- Use third-party research providers and in-house data to build and review financial models to support the evaluation of new transactions.
- Support research into new investment opportunities including market analysis, participation in appropriate meetings, and asset and market tours.
- Assist with asset management responsibilities including site inspections, review of business plans and major decisions and participation in quarterly or annual meetings.
DATA AND RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Develop proficiency in SWIB’s collection, storage and use of underlying real estate investment data and the implementation and management of the data management system (eFront).
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure timely and accurate receipt and processing of quarterly questionnaires, capital calls, quarterly and annual audit financial reports, and Certificates of Compliance.
- Serve as the Records Coordinator and work with SWIB’s Records Officer as needed to ensure compliance and appropriate processes and procedures.
- Maintain benchmark exposure statistics and quarterly returns and work with Operations and Performance to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain individual asset management company and contact information.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in biweekly Private Markets Group meetings.
- Attend industry seminars and continuing education conferences to facilitate understanding of real estate markets, investment strategies, portfolio management, and other relevant topics.
- Assist the real estate staff with various quantitative research projects as requested.
- Assist in the hiring and training of any real estate interns.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Masters’ Degree in a relevant area of study; CAIA or CFA designation or the willingness/desire to pursue are pluses.
- 1-3 years of Real Estate Investment Analysis experience is ideal.
- Proven investment and financial analysis skills.
- Skilled in the use of databases and Microsoft Office applications e.g. Excel modeling skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of different property types and markets.
- Understanding of portfolio construction and importance of market impact on various portfolio characteristics.
- Ability to capture reporting and performance data and effectively present the information.
- Understanding of industry-standard performance measurement and benchmarking practices and calculations.
- Interpersonal skills to work with accounting operations, custodian, and IT staff regarding asset allocation, performance measurement, and risk measurement issues.
- Ability to monitor current practices and improve efficiency.
Commitment to continuing education and to staying abreast of real estate industry trends.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and to work effectively when under pressure.
- Competitive McLagan-based salary
- Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
The Illinois State Board of Investment (ISBI) manages approximately $18.1 billion for the Illinois State Employee Defined Benefit Plans as well as a $4.2 billion State Employee Deferred Compensation Plan. ISBI is conducting a search to fill its Investment Officer I position. This position will provide investment support to the Executive Director/ Chief Investment Officer, other senior staff, and play an integral role in the oversight of public markets, including publicly traded equities, fixed income, and multi-sector credit portfolios.
Reports to the Executive Director/Chief Investment Officer (“ED/CIO”)
Application Deadline: August 21, 2020
The Investment Officer is responsible for public markets, including publicly traded equities, fixed income and hedge fund portfolios, and will have the following specific responsibilities, which shall include, but not be limited to:
1. Analyze structure of overall public market portfolio to ensure they meet Board objectives. In conjunction with the ED/CIO, make recommendations about changes to the policy guidelines, including relevant benchmarks, for those portfolios.
2. Act as primary liaison for all public market investment advisors to ISBI. Maintain frequent contact with public market advisors, managers, consultants and partnerships. Evaluate performance and style consistency of all advisor relationships. Based on Board direction, work closely with the ED/CIO and relevant staff on developing investment guidelines for each advisor and monitor to ensure that investments are made in accordance with those guidelines.
3. Lead the due diligence of all potential new public market investments, in conjunction with applicable public market consultants, managers, advisors and partnerships in which ISBI is a potential investor.
4. Conduct searches consistent with Board policies, in conjunction with the ED/CIO and applicable public market consultants, managers, advisors and partnerships.
5. In conjunction with the ED/CIO and Senior Investment Officer, plan and implement risk-related policies, procedures and systems to measure, monitor and manage investment risks across the entire investment program. Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity or success of the Board. Document and ensure communication of key risks.
6. Devise systems and processes to monitor the validity of risk modeling outputs and information. Plan and contribute to the development of Board’s risk management systems. In conjunction with service provider, maintain input or data quality of the Board’s risk management systems.
7. Responsible for performing due diligence and recommending diverse investment managers in order to meet the Board’s goals outlined in the Investment Policy. In addition, responsible for generating new ideas and initiatives as they relate to diversity, consistent with the Board’s Policies.
8. In addition to public markets, assist in developing and implementing overall investment policy as well as evaluating prospective investment products in other asset classes.
9. Oversight of all aspects of transition management and regularly advise the ED/CIO of status.
10. Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the securities lending program. Regularly advise the ED/CIO of status.
11. Perform portfolio research on an ad hoc and ongoing basis. Present research and findings to ED/CIO and Investment Staff.
12. Assist Senior Investment Officer in the preparation of performance and investment reports for the total fund including plan attribution and peer group attribution analysis.
13. In conjunction with the ED/CIO, continually assess and determine optimal investment-related services and software.
14. Obtain knowledge about the role and functions of the Senior Investment Officer for purposes of planned and unplanned succession.
15. Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, Master’s or progress toward CFA preferred.
- 3 years of experience in the investment or financial industry preferred.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an independent investment firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with offices in St. Louis, MO; Philadelphia, PA; Denver, CO; and Naples, FL. Since our founding in 1994, we have grown to approximately $20 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2020. We provide fee-based investment management of equity, fixed income, and balanced investment portfolios. Our growing client list includes high net worth individuals and families, endowments, foundations, corporations, hospitals, public funds and multi-employer plans across the country.
Segall Bryant and Hamill is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category: Institutional Sales
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Segall Bryant & Hamill is seeking an Associate, Institutional Relations position, to work with the external sales professionals. This entrepreneurial role requires a high-level of attention to detail. This role will liaise with Institutional Investors and multiple SBH departments including the Sales team, Portfolio Managers, Compliance, marketing, and internal client relations.
This position reports to the Principal, Director of Institutional Sales and has no direct reports.
- Oversee communication and nurture relationships with institutional investors, including investor requests for information.
- Analyze competitors’ positions aiding sales professionals to constantly improve new business win rate, as well as, evaluate appropriate universes to help identify future sales opportunities.
- Assist with client and consultant due diligence onsite visits.
- Work closely with portfolio managers and marketing on product specific messaging, as it relates to new business presentations and quarterly outlook.
- Respond to investor diligence questions, DDQs and review high priority RFPs.
- Maintain and create Salesforce data and Dashboards for sales staff.
- Establish the Institutional Client Relations organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Event management for current and prospective investors.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance/Marketing)
- 5-7 years of work experience in the financial services industry, specifically, investment/asset management
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Evestment
- Pro-active approach to accuracy and attention to details.
- Analytical skills with the ability to dig in
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM
Apply via the SBH Career Center All submissions must include a resume, cover letter and salary expectation Company website: www.sbhic.com